Baked Lobster Tails (Whole or Split)
This is the most popular method of preparation. Easy to prepare and you’ll love how it looks.
Ingredients• 4 Lobster tails (4-5 oz. each)
• 1/4 cup olive oil or melted butter (clarified or regular salted or unsalted)
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• craig’s Lobster Love seasoning; or Whole Foods Market seafood rub
• Optional: melted butter, lemon slices
• Regardless of cooking method (broiling, steaming, grilling, etc.), an important first step to perfect lobster tails is to separate the lobster meat from the shell to prevent the lobster meat from sticking to the shell when cooked.
• Start with a pair of kitchen shears to cut the top side of the shell
• Open shears and slide the lower tip under the shell, top center at the base end of the shell (body side).
• From the base end (body side), cut through the top side of the shell toward the tip of the tail (tail fins)
• Holding tail upside down in the palm of hand, apply pressure to break the bottom hinge of shell, like a nut cracker.
• Flip tail back over and gently spread sides of shell apart being careful not to break shell.
• Now slide your index finger or thumb between the meat and shell at the base of the lobster tail and gently push and peel meat away from shell.
• Hold base of shell in one hand and pull tail meat out of shell with other hand toward the tip of the tail being careful to leave meat attached at tail fins.
• You should now have the tail meat removed from the shell.
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Cut prepped lobster tails completely in half lengthwise, exposing lobster meat.
• Combine olive oil (or melted butter) and lemon juice in small mixing bowl.
• Brush mixture onto meat side of lobster tails.
• Lightly season with seafood rub.
• Place lobster tails onto oven pan (shell side down) and bake for 5-6 minutes being careful not to overcook.
• Remove from heat and serve immediately with melted butter and lemon slices (optional).
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine olive oil (or melted butter) and lemon juice in small mixing bowl. With prepped tails, spread shell slightly apart and brush mixture onto lobster meat and lightly season with seafood rub.
• Push shell back together – this will cook the flavor and juices into the meat.
• Place lobster onto oven pan (shell side up – bottom down) and bake for 9-10 minutes being careful not to overcook. Do not flip or turn tails. Remove from heat and serve immediately with melted butter and lemon slices (optional).
Other Favorite Recipes